Letter Sound Accuracy, "I Spy..."
|Activity Type: Build Accuracy|
|Activity Form: Standard|
|Group Size: Whole Class|
|Length: 5 minutes|
|Goal: Given a sound, the student can identify words with that begin with that sound ("/d/" -> "dog”).|
|Items: All letter sounds learned so far.|
 What to do
- Sit with students in a circle. Today we are going to play a game of “I Spy.” Raise your hand if you have played “I Spy” before.
- Explain directions to students who may be unfamiliar.
- Choose a letter sound learned so far. I spy with my little eye, something that begins with the sound /b/.
- Give students a chance to guess. Once students get the hang of the game, allow them to lead the game.
- Observe students. For students who struggle, give them help and make a note in an Activity Log.
 Related activities
- Letter Sound Accuracy
- Letter Sound Accuracy, Beginning Sound Spin
- Letter Sound Accuracy, Egg Carton Game
- Letter Sound Accuracy, Letter Charts
- All Letter Sound Activities